BRUSIED SOULS - written by Phatsimo Mabaila



I keep telling myself I can do better
Feel better
But... I still seem to be suffocating in this city
But is it really the city squeezing the little life I seem to have left from me? 

Or is it just maybe this life thing was never my thing

I smile and laugh as hard as I can
That
s the only way to drown out the sorrow thats screaming from my soul 
I needed peace
I carved silence


But I always put on hold
My cries and pleads were just another voicemail message on God
s phone 
So I took a blade and made love to my wrist
The feeling was surreal
I could feel my pain just ooze out
And I
wasn’t numb anymore

Few one night stands with blade
Turned into a violent relationship that lost spark 

I don’t feel the love it gave me anymore
I
don’t feel the connection, weve lost touch
Its not enough to drown out the dark anymore
I guess now I need something more permanent to silence the demons in my head 


But...
But I still wanna see another sunset
So is it safe to ask for help?
Will you help me?
Please...
Save me 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1.4 MILLION VIEWS ON YOUTUBE! VEE - DUMALANA!!

BOTSWANA HOSTS THE "N W Y C 2 0 1 7"

BLOOMING OBLIVION ( A Thought Piece)